Monday, May 21, 2012

Reduction linocut....

I've been a bit unwell so have missed the last few printmaking classes, but it's good to be back!  Thankfully I don't seem to have missed too much, and am optimistic that I can catch up with my reduction linocut.  Above is my first layer, ready to print.  I REALLY want to cut the second colour, but as the name suggests, the lino is cut (reduced) between colours so until I print, I can't do anything (and I can't print until Thursday).  Sorry if my explanation of reduction linocuts is a bit light - google it for more information!

One thing I've learnt from doing these classes, is that printmakers are completely under appreciated!  The simplest looking prints can be extremely complex to produce.  


tilers said...

nice art..

floor tilers

Russ Kirk said...

London Victorian tilersyeah as above,,very good art. But I must admit I am a little clueless when it comes to art,I do appreciate ceramics though!